Position Available: Library Assistant
The Park Forest Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, customer-focused individual to work at the Patron Services Desk.
Must be available days, evenings, and weekends
Job responsibilities include:
- Checks materials in and out.
- Issues and updates Library cards.
- Processes interlibrary loan (ILL) materials as needed.
- Places holds on materials and takes interlibrary loan (ILL) requests.
- Provides basic readers’ advisory services.
- Searches electronic databases for materials.
- Shelves materials and reads shelves.
- Performs opening and closing duties.
- Greets patrons as they enter to make a positive first impression.
- One year of work experience and high school diploma or Bachelor’s degree
- Flexible hours
- Access to transportation
- 15-20 hours per week
- Email résumé to email@example.com
How Are We Doing?
We have 2 Little Free Libraries in Olympia Fields: outside Sergeant Means Park, and the Peace Pole LFL outside the Post Office.
We have 3 in Park Forest: next to the Pace bus stop in Downtown Park Forest, on Forest Boulevard across from the Police Station and on Lakewood Boulevard outside the Library.