- Virtual Library Card - Never forget your card again! Keep your individual and family library cards in one or more mobile devices (Our library will be able to scan your barcode right off the app).
- My Account - Manage and keep track of your holds and check-outs.
- Scan and Search - Scan and Search ISBN barcodes right in the library catalog. Searching has never been easier.
- Digital & More - Find digital and physical items all in one place.
- Nearest Libraries - See which SWAN libraries are near you! Find directions and information in the app.
- What's Happening - What's Happening at your library? Stay up to date with this mobile app feature.
How Are We Doing?
Director Barbara Osuch's LibraryLife
Happy Yellow Time!
The fall equinox on Monday, September 23, officially ushers in the new season and its promise of crisp air, show-stopping leaf displays and more. Be on the lookout now for all the wonderful shades of yellow.
I love to gather yellow interior paint color swatches from local hardware stores, and marvel at the endless shades of yellow in fall leaves.
The yellow color seen in fallen leaves is actually a chemical breakdown of chlorophyll, the scientific name for what gives leaves their green color. When the days grow shorter and colder in autumn, photosynthesis stops and the green parts of leaves (chlorophll) breaks down leaving the yellow colors we see before the leaves break from the branch entirely. This yellow color is called xanthophyll. We see remnants of other colors too depending on the type of tree: Orange is carotene, the reds and purples are anthocyanin, and brown is tannin. Eventually, all leaves turn brown.
Sorting these shades of yellow is one way to see the range of xanthophyll exhibited in a variety of plants and autumn leaves. An autumn yellow color hunt is an easy way to delve into the science of the season and a bit of color theory too!
Enjoy the color, it only occurs for a brief period each fall.
Request One-on-One Technology Session
Having trouble getting used to your brand new computer, tablet, or smarthphone? Need a crash course with certain programs or applications that are on your computer or smart devices?
We will call you to schedule an appointment.